Senior Telesales Representative – Devil’s Peak / Signal Hill Products
Region: Western Cape
Reporting to: Sales GM and Coastal Sales Manager
Signal Hill Products, based in Cape Town, is an industry leader in the fast-growing Craft Beer industry, consistently delivering critically acclaimed, award-winning beer, like Devil’s Peak and Alpha. Our flagship Kings Blockhouse IPA is repeatedly selected as South Africa’s best ale. The business is led by a group of entrepreneurs who together have an excellent track record in creating successful start-ups and leading some of the world’s biggest beverage brands.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual to get into an industry growing at over 100% per annum. Accelerate your career as fast as you grow the regional volume and customer base. This is just the tip of the iceberg as Devil’s Peak is building businesses in other alcoholic products, restaurants, and allied service offerings.
The working environment is fun and entrepreneurial. Our people are all passionate about our beer and vision and work extremely hard to always deliver excellence in both product and service. We are a company born out of a love for beer, and a dedication to service excellence. We have a vision of slowly educating the market that beer, like wine and whiskey, is a product that can be carefully crafted to deliver intricate and sophisticated taste. On top of that, it is refreshing and fun. This value of authenticity stays close to our hearts and pervades everything we do.
Senior Telesales Representative must have excellent communication skills, including a clear, confident speaking voice and a friendly rapport with customers. The applicant must have the ability to be flexible and creative in dealing with customers. The applicant must represent the company in a positive light at all times; this calls for optimistic people who have superior conflict resolution skills and who naturally like working with others.
Senior Telesales Representative must be persuasive and highly motivated to make sales. Since it is often necessary to establish a relationship with a client before a successful sale, they must also be patient and persistent.
Senior Telesales Representative is often required to input sales data while on the telephone with a customer, hence excellent computer and system skills are required.
- Post Matric Qualification in Sales/Marketing
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in telesales experience in a FMCG environment
- Beverage industry experience strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of PC and Microsoft office, specifically Excel
- ERP system knowledge (sales order creation and invoicing)
- Persuasiveness and selling ability.
- Excellent verbal ability and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, creativity and ability to mix with other people.
- Amazing attention to detail
- Strong achievement orientation.
- Presents well over the phone to clients
Output and Accountabilities
- Maximise sales volume and market share.
- Order taking and outbound telesales campaign management
- Achieve pre-determined sales/brands and market share targets.
- Order entry into ERP systems.
- Stock level checks and management
- Marketing material management
- Develop great business relationships
- Maintain customer call rate and frequency
- Provide merchandising team support.
- Handle Customer and Consumer complaints and queries.
- Manage sales administration.
- Compile daily / weekly reports.
Applications window: 22 May 2018 – 8 June 2018
Hiring manager: Richard van Wyk, Coastal Sales Manager
Application to be sent to: Megan de Wet, MeganDW@signalhillproducts.com
Application requirements: Full CV, Cover Letter, References