Field Sales Manager Coastal – Devil’s Peak | Signal Hill Products
Region: Western Cape | Coastal
Reporting to: Coastal Sales Manager
Signal Hill Products, based in Cape Town, is an industry leader in the fast-growing Craft Beer industry, consistently delivering critically acclaimed, award-winning beer, like Devil’s Peak and Alpha. Our flagship Kings Blockhouse IPA is repeatedly selected as South Africa’s best ale. The business is led by a group of entrepreneurs who together have an excellent track record in creating successful start-ups and leading some of the world’s biggest beverage brands.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual to get into an industry growing at over 100% per annum. Accelerate your career as fast as you grow the regional presence and volume, while growing your team. This is just the tip of the iceberg as Devil’s Peak is building businesses in other alcoholic products, restaurants, and allied service offerings.
The working environment is fun and entrepreneurial. Our people are all passionate about our beer and vision and work extremely hard to always deliver excellence in both product and service. We are a company born out of a love for beer, and a dedication to service excellence. We have a vision of slowly educating the market that beer, like wine and whiskey, is a product that can be carefully crafted to deliver intricate and sophisticated taste. On top of that, it is refreshing and fun. This value of authenticity stays close to our hearts and pervades everything we do.
The Field Sales Manager is tasked with new business in the region, as well as maintaining and growing existing relationships and accounts. Weekly Call Cycles will be established to maximise the time spent in the trade.
The role focusses on the full spectrum of on consumtion, corporate retailers, franchise outlets and independent liquor chains.
- Post Matric Qualification in Sales/Marketing
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience in Sales/Marketing in a FMCG environment
- Beverage industry experience strongly preferred
- Valid unendorsed Code 8 drivers license
- Basic knowledge of PC and Microsoft office
- Persuasiveness and selling ability.
- Excellent verbal ability and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, creativity and ability to mix with other people.
- Ability to manage self and region.
- Strong achievement orientation.
- Beer knowledge and processes
Output and Accountabilities
- Maximise sales volume and market share.
- Implement and develop promotional activity to drive consistent pull in relation to the channel management process.
- Achieve pre-determined sales/brands and market share targets.
- Influence liquor retail pricing within segments.
- Maintain stock levels within segments.
- Influence the placement of our products to maintain the best cold and ambient space
- Grow footprint of Signal Hill and its products in both Off and On consumption areas
Service outlets :
- Develop great business relationships
- Maintain customer call rate and frequency
- Conduct regular account reviews.
- Provide merchandising support.
- Handle Customer and Consumer complaints and queries.
- Manage product quality in relation to our quality standards.
- Manage sales administration.
- Compile daily / weekly reports.
- Determine pre-call planning objectives
- Manage B.T.L. placements.
Application details: Field Sales Manager
Applications window: 19 February – 16 March 2018
Hiring manager: Richard van Wyk, Coastal Sales Manager
Application to be sent to: Megan de Wet, MeganDW@signalhillproducts.com
Application requirements: Full CV, Cover Letter, References
If you have not back heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful.