Senior Draught Technician
Region: Cape Town
Reporting to: Draught Operations Manager
Signal Hill Products is an independently-held beverage company that supports the continued growth and development of the Devil’s Peak and Alpha beers and ciders, and a growing range of complementary super premium beer, cider and spirits brands, including Striped Horse, Fokof Lager and Guinness Draught. The business is led by a group of entrepreneurially-minded individuals who have a proven track record of building successful start-ups and managing some of the world’s largest beverage brands.
This is an amazing opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual to get into an industry growing more than 100% per year.
The Senior Draught Technician will be provided with a work vehicle and fuel expenses to support work-related travel.
- Matric or other relevant technical qualification
- Valid unendorsed Code 8 drivers licence
- An appropriate qualification in the repair and maintenance of draught equipment
- At least 3 years as a Draught Technician or equivalent work experience is required
- The ability to lift and move kegs of beer up to 40kg in weight is required
- This position requires occasional and scheduled weekend work and travel for emergency call-outs and festivals.
Output and Accountabilities
- Diagnose and repair draught beer systems problems and resolve them; solve problems as they arise
- Install new equipment; breakdown and uplift of equipment
- Build solid customer relationships
- Accurately maintain records on provided mobile workforce management application or media provided
- Meet mutually agreed work schedules and commitments
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Maintain customer service (“line cleaning”) sequence and frequency as per schedule
- Maintain good servicing practice including:
- Disassemble and brush clean dispensing faucet, tap handle base and tavern head
- Blow out condensers if applicable
- Flush coils with cleaning solution
- Rinse equipment and flush beer lines with water after cleaning
- Replace any worn washers and gaskets
- Before leaving customer, ensure draught dispensing equipment is fully operational
- Or as required for each installation or by the Draught Manager
- Review each component of the draught service checklist during service call and obtain signed cleaning service form from the customer
- Maintain appropriate appearance of company vehicle and any equipment which may be assigned
- Schedules and other monthly KPI’s will be established to maximise the effectiveness of this support.
Closing Date: 2 November 2017
Contact: Rudy Bridgens on email@example.com. If you have not back heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful.