Devil’s Peak Brewery, based in Cape Town, South Africa, is a leader in the fast-growing craft beer industry, consistently delivering critically acclaimed, award winning beer. Our flagship Kings Blockhouse IPA has repeatedly been selected as South Africa’s best ale.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual to get into an industry growing at over 100% per annum.
Skills and Competence Requirements
– Candidate must have brewing experience and a passion for brewing and beer.
– Able to work well with others and delegate tasks to a broad brewing team
– Able to work under pressure
– Willing to work afterhours and on weekends
– Willing to assist in areas other than brewing
– Proficient on Microsoft excel, Word and PowerPoint along with detailed record keeping
– Must have own transport
Education and Experience Requirements
– A science or microbiological background/degree will be advantageous.
Output and Accountabilities
– Responsible for all aspects from raw materials, brewing, filtration up to packaging
– Manage staff
– Assist the QC program
– Implement standard operating procedures
– Maintain highly detailed records and analysis
– Work both independently and as part of a team
– Create and communicate work order to the rest of the team
– Look at ways to innovate or improve
– Must be willing to assist with task outside of the normal scope of brewing
– Must be willing to accept that work hours will be dictated by production schedules and may not follow normal office hours
– Schedules and other monthly KPI’s will be established to maximise the effectiveness of this support.
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Contact: JC Steyn on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not back heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful.